Tuesday, August 25, 2015

5 Things to do/try/buy ~ Natalie Hennessey



My next guest and I met a few months back when we moved into the neighbourhood. Oliver (my dog) is an old soul. He loves to play, wrestle and swim but majority of the time he can be found leaning against you getting his paws rubbed while quietly taking everything in.
Oliver's new best bud Huey lives next door and he is anything but "old Man". He is a fun loving Goldendoodle that has the energy and heart of 7 puppies. Huey is the sweetest friend for Oliver as he swoons him into tug-a-wars, puppy wrestling and chase. 

Puppies are great and so is Natalie, Huey's owner.

I get caught repeatedly saying " I think we were related in a former life" when I hang out with Natalie. When we aren't chatting it up about the dogs we talk about beauty, Island life, beauty, beauty and food. When we first started talking Natalie said "you should start a blog" I replied, "I seriously just started one a few months ago". We laughed. She then said "you should start a Youtube channel". I laughed and said " I just made my first video". That's not normal conversation people... there really is something special about our friendship. And what is really great is that Natalie also blogs!!! You can find her wonderful posts at nataliehennessey.blogspot.ca where she blogs about makeup, skincare and shares some great recipes along the way. And if that doesn't get you excited, Natalie posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday which I LOVE.

Here are Natalie's "5 Things to do/try/buy" recommendations:


Huey and Natalie (heart)
1. Raise a puppy, kitten or baby companion animal. I've owned two dogs in my (short) life. My first, Maggie, we got when I was 8 years old. It's safe to say, my dad did all the work with her. After Maggie passed, I made the decision to purchase my own puppy, Huey! I prepared for months. I watched videos, read books, talked to tons of people, but when I finally brought him home, all HELL broke loose! Huey was a total handful that I would not have been able to survive without friends and family. Looking back on his first few months with me (now that he is 1 year old) I can see that it was such an amazing experience. The idea that a single person can have such an effect on the temperament and overall personality of an animal still fascinates me!

2. Try something new - as often as you can! As a child I was very anxious! I still am, and it often shows in my everyday life. But I've really gotten into the habit of trying something new as often as I can. Whether it be a new food (who knew Haddock was so good?) new adventure (driving off Island) or simply venturing out of your comfort zone with a new piece of clothing, I've really come to find that I feel much more confident in myself and my abilities.

3. Everything "Origins". I don't think I've tried an item I haven't liked from this brand. It's honestly such a great brand. The products smell amazing, work wonders on the skin and provide a nice boost of natural ingredients to any skincare routine! If you're stuck on what to try first, the GinZing line is my all-time favourite! The moisturizer can be used by anyone and the cleaners are super refreshing in the morning!

4. Make a donation to your local animal shelter. I'm a fan of giving. I'm that crazy person that loves Christmas and birthdays because I can GIVE you a gift. I buy gifts for people all year around - just because I like to! My favourite gifts to give though, are to those who need it most. After Maggie (see above) passed away, I made a donation to the Humane Society in PEI and really felt at peace for the first time since bring her to the vet. I've since been back to make a couple extra donations because it's just so nice to see animals in need find loving, forever homes.

5. Try prepping food for the week ahead. I always thought the Pinterest posts about "prepping" were ridiculous. Why would I spend an entire day in the kitchen cutting up veggies, baking granola and measuring out my favourite snacks when I could just do it as I went along? BECAUSE IT WORKS PEOPLE! About 2 weeks ago I began prepping my veggies, granola and other healthy morsels on Sunday afternoon. I can't even tell you the amount of food that has not gone to waste and the amount of veggies I'm now eating. It definitely takes commitment to spend a whole afternoon in the kitchen, but makes lunches, snacks and dinner so much easier during the week!


~ Natalie, these are great, simple and easy suggestions anyone can do. I can attest to owning a puppy, it was the best decisions Adam and I ever made and I wish I could relive those days over and over.
The GinZing line from Origins is fantastic, I love the lightweight feel of the moisturizer and it's freshness, it is a must try!!!
Adam and I have discussed that this year instead of giving gifts to family we are going to give a donation to an animal shelter. If there are people and animals in need of loving companions and my money an help bring them together, I'm in!
Prepping is a commitment but it sets you up for such great success! I'm glad it is working for you and it is a great reminder to me that I need to get myself back into the kitchen!



2 comments:

  1. Awww freaky twin connection!!! Great minds!

    I first read "drive off island" as drive off an island and I got an image of a little car driving off a cliff like the lemmings in the Nintendo game lemmings! Lololol anyway made me laugh!

    Yes Orgins!! Now I'm going to use my face mask tonight, thanks Natalie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Holly bahahaha you have a good memory! Which face mask do you have? I love Origins!

      Delete